if trans-women are women
are all women trans?
Herein begins an anatomy lesson infused with feminist politics because I hate you…
Women, made of moonlight, magic, and macabre will make you know the blood. We gonna get it all over the sheets and car seats. We gon’ do that. We gon’ introduce you to our insides. Period. And if you are as unprepared as we sometimes are, it’ll get all over you and leave a forever stain. So to my daughter: Should any fool mishandle the wild geography of your body, how it rides a red running current, like any good wolf or a witch, well then, just bleed boo. Give that blood a biblical name. Something of stone and mortar. Name it after Eve’s first rebellion in that garden. Name it after the last little girl to have her genitals mutilated in Kinshase; that was this morning. Give it as many syllables as there are unreported rape cases. Name the blood something holy. Something mighty. Something unlanguageable. Something in hieroglyphs. Something that sounds like the end of the world. Name it for the roar between your legs and for the women who will not be nameless here. Just bleed anyhow. Spill your impossible scripture all over the good furniture. Bleed and bleed and bleed on everything he loves. Period.
Dominique Christina, Period Poem
Why Deep Green Resistance?
1. Industrial civilization is killing all life on our planet, driving to extinction 200 species per day, and it won’t stop voluntarily. Global warming is happening now, at an astounding speed. The only honest solution is to stop industrial civilization from burning fossil fuels.
2. Most consumption is based on violence against people (human and non-human) and on degrading & destroying landbases across the planet.
3. Life on Earth is more important than this insane, temporary culture based on hyper-exploitation of finite resources. This culture needs to be destroyed before it consumes all life on this planet.
4. Humanity is not the same as civilization. Humans have developed many sane and sustainable cultures, themselves at risk from civilization.
5. Most people know this culture is insane and needs radical change, but don’t see any way to bring the change about.
6. Unlike most environmental and social justice organizations, Deep Green Resistance questions the existence and necessity of civilization itself. DGR asks “What if we do away with civilization altogether?”
7. Unlike most environmental and social justice organizations, DGR asks “What must we do to be effective?”, not “What will those in power allow us to do?”
8. DGR offers organized, reliable ways to promote sane ways of living and surviving the ongoing crisis.
9. DGR has a realistic plan to stop the insanity, Decisive Ecological Warfare.
Learn more about us: http://ift.tt/15Dit6r
Image: “Keep The Oil In The Soil” protest banner, from Popular Resistance http://ift.tt/1nQZei7
i’m not one of those people that will preach unconditional sex positivity
because some people’s “kinks” are having sex with children
and rubbing their genitals on random people on the train
miss me with the lectures about “kink shaming”
because there is a line
and way too many people cross it
Sexually abused women tend to know with real clarity that sexual abuse has everything to do with being women. It is mainly academics and perpetrators, along with the law, who deny it.
—Women’s Lives Men’s Laws, C.A.Mackinnon
Stand against a debt sentence. Sign the petition against uni deregulation today.
Australian Tumblrs Please Do Your Thing And And Help Keep Education Affordable - it’s not only women who will be overwhelmingly affected by these changes. Speak out against our governement and the American Style System.
"Smashes," "crushes," "spoons," and other curious nineteenth-century relationship varieties. Thoreau used to lie awake at night and "thin
Anonymous asked: these anons are like, "can i be racist in the rain? can i be racist on a train? can i be racist in a box? can i be racist with a fox?"
How can I be racist if I work with blacks
How can I be racist if one sold me slacks
I’m not racist I’m just like you. I’m best friends with a black or two.
i’m not racist, you see, it’s just a preference
i love eastern culture and its women’s deference
the west lost its way with no room for clemency
If I love Asian women, how’s that white supremacy?
i’m not a racist, i can’t be, you see
my great grandma’s grandma was part cherokee
plus one time i got called “cracker” to my face
don’t we all bleed red? i don’t even see race…
I’m not racist, blacks just need to stop complaining
Living in the past and white people blaming
I work hard, no handouts for every little fraction
If white privilege isn’t fair, then how is affirmative action?
I’m not racist man, I’m just right-wing
Plus reverse-racism is totally a thing
It’s not about power check the definition
Slavery wasn’t an evil thing, just asset acquisition.
How come I can’t say “nigga”, it just means brotha!
And ain’t I a brotha from anotha motha?
I didn’t use the ‘er’- so its a total difference.
You blacks give good white people such hindrance :(
'We can't handle spicy foods' ? Your jokes make me sad
See, if I joked and called you a “nigger”, you’ll be mad
You black people think we are always out here to ruin your day
Look, 'not all white people', …mmkay?
I can say “nigga” ‘cause of freedom of speech
And y’all always forget what MLK preached!
White privilege ain’t real ‘cause my life is hard
If you want to stop racists, don’t play the race card
Blacks can oppress. Shoot, they’ve oppressed me
I was the only white kid and the blacks were so mean
So I called one a nigger, but clicked anon first
yeah racism is real, but like… I’ve had it worst.